When the couple is planning to have children or already have some, both must not forget to spend quality time with each other alone. If both are working, being together should not just happen when the couple comes home from work. It means that the they should think of other ways to spice up the marriage.
Here are some good ideas to carry this out:
1. Even when both people are married, some things do not have to change. The individuals can still go out on dates, such as watching a movie and having dinner in a restaurant like two people who just started dating.
2. The couple can also plan weeks or perhaps months in advance to go out of town or even out of the country and spend the time away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
3. There are many classes and sports to choose from and trying something new with your partner can be a learning and memorable experience.
4. Some people believe that a match made in heaven means that both will like everything that the other person does. This is not always the case which makes some say that opposites attract. Instead of being annoyed by something that the other enjoys, the individual should keep an open mind about it and participate in the activity or sit there with the other person while they enjoy that activity.
5. Sex is something awkward to talk about but marriage counselors insist that a good marriage should also have this in the equation. Both genders long for sex at different ages and researchers have determined that men want sex often in their 20's and 30's while women want more sex in their 30's and 40's. To make it work, the couple must agree when is the right time to enjoy doing it. Spontaneous sex is often the most enjoyable.
Sex therapists have published various books on sex such as the different positions and role playing games that couple can play with each other. Research and exploration may be a great way of to assure a good time with your spouse.