Not everyone can afford a grand mansion to live. Homeowners, more often than not, try to use the space in their houses as efficiently as possible. Knowing this, furniture makers try to create their work to be useful and space efficient. They try to do this through incorporating several pieces into one piece of furniture. Going for multi-purpose furniture can also save you some money.
The American Furniture Manufacturers Association vice-president says that furniture is the most essential piece in a small area. Here are some popular pieces of multi purpose furniture that are worth buying:
* End tables that contain a drawers, shelves or even bookshelves. These are both stylish and doubles as a storage area.
* Ottoman equipped with storage areas. Aside from being a storage space, when strategically placed, can be used as a footrest, for your sore feet or a small table.
* Trundle beds, sofa-sleepers or daybeds. These will be great inside the living room, in your studio type apartment or the guest room.
* Armoire. This the most popular multi purpose piece of furniture. It can store different appliances like you television or the whole home theater and sound system. It may also come with bookshelves or a place where you can put clothes or display a wide array of accessories or collectibles.
* Bedside table or dresser. This can be place where you can put your lamp and can be storage area for jewelry, lingerie or bed linens.
* Stackable chairs. You can match the chairs with the colors of your pillows. They are very easy to store.
* Extendable dining room tables. The advent of these tables has been remarkable. It is useful in small spaces and can adjust to bigger spaces.
* Wicker. This can both be used indoors and outdoors. For comfort add pillows, fabric and blankets.
* Mobile furniture. These kinds of furniture have been slowly increasing its popular. This is because through this the homeowner can change the set up of his/her house easily plus it utilizes space very well. There are wooden carts available that can fit underneath the bed.